441 Tamalpais Avenue
5 Beds | 4.5 Baths
List Price: $5,500,000
MODERN AND STUNNING: A GROWN-UP TREEHOUSE
Serenely positioned on the hillside overlooking the Valley, this modern, stunning and sustainable home is the grown-up treehouse of your dreams. The home was conceived by renowned architecture firm Zack and DeVito. With 4,000 square feet of living space spread over three impressive levels, design meets function with a wonderful, generous and flexible floor plan. 5 bedrooms (3 of which could be primary suites, an in-law or offices), 4.5 bathrooms, a gorgeous kitchen, formal dining area plus breakfast nook, a sun-soaked living room and a casual media room. A wine cellar and in-deck spa add joie de vivre. A two-car garage is at street level with interior access to the home.
Nestled on a serene street and immersed in the beauty of the nature that surrounds, nearly every room connects to the outdoors with a copious amount of decks that wrap around this forest retreat.
Situated on a large lot, manicured paths lead to a charming creek and bucolic areas to relax and play.
Sustainability was at the forefront; Tesla solar, reclaimed and recycled materials, LED lighting, rain water collection and a design that perpetuates sustainability.
Minutes from downtown Mill Valley yet located on a street that sees more dog walkers headed to the trail head than cars, 441 Tamalpais is a home unlike any other. It is the epitome of special.
- 5 bedrooms (3 ensuite) / 4.5 baths
- 4,012 square feet per tax records
- 3 levels of living space
- Huge, expansive Mt.Tamalpais views (from every window)
- Situated on an enormous private lot
- Extensively renovated with an elegant and timeless style
- Large laundry room
- Large, walk-in wine cellar
- Great room drenched in sunlight with floor-to-ceiling windows and enormous gas fireplace
- Separate den/family room
- Seamless, indoor/outdoor living
- Constructed with high level of sustainability including rain water collection system and Tesla Solar
- Huge wrap-around decks on multiple levels with room for everyone to play, complete with a kids fire pole, and plenty of room to relax and entertain
- In-deck spa
- Enclosed, outdoor exercise area
- Manicured paths descend to quaint creek bed
- Bosch charging station for 2 cars
- Automated skylight and nest thermostat
- Smart smoke detectors and sprinkler system
- Multi-zone, room-by-room heating/cooling system (ion filter)
- Wired for ethernet (including smart house panels on all levels)
- Server cabinet/AT&T fiber hook-up in garage.
- Trailheads steps away
- A few minutes from the center of Mill Valley